Covent Garden is a famous shopping area to the east of the West End, central London. It’s very popular with tourists. Find out more here.
The most famous shopping area in Covent Garden is the Covent Garden Market building, with its ‘Piazza’, the open square that hosts talented street performers and family events. Covent Garden Market is now a classy retail centre, but before 1974 it was a wholesale fruit, vegetable and flower market. The wholesale market is now based in Nine Elms, and is called the New Covent Garden Market.
Covent Garden shopping centre information and articles
- Covent Garden Christmas opening and closing timesChristmas opening and closing times at Covent Garden in London. Find out more about late night Xmas shopping hours here.
- Covent Garden shopping guide, LondonCovent Garden is a famous shopping area to the east of the West End, central London. It’s very popular with tourists. Find out more here.
- Covent Garden restaurants listInformation about the 114 restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs in the Covent Garden area, London.
- Covent Garden Bank Holiday opening and closing timesThe shops in Covent Garden alter their opening and closing times on Bank Holidays. Find out more here.
- Covent Garden opening and closing timesOpening and closing times for the shops, cafes and attractions at Covent Garden in central London.
The Covent Garden Market buildings and the nearby streets are home to many retailers, including: Apple, a Moomins shop, Aspinal, Links, Original Penguin, Accessorize, Ben Sherman, Dr Martens, GAP, Jack Wills, Jigsaw, Kathmandu and many more fashion, gift, health, beauty and food shops.
Food and drink: Canteen is the name of the restaurant inside the Covent Garden Market building, also close are the Piazza Café, Battersea Pie Station, Covent Garden Kitchen, Petit Chez Gerard, and the Crusting Pipe – a Victorian style wine bar and restaurant, with a large outside seating area.
Also, there are three markets inside the Covent Garden Market buildings; Apple Market for arts, crafts & antiques, plus the Jubilee and East Colonnade Markets for a wide variety of stalls.
See this video about Covent Garden:
Covent Garden address and postcode
31 Henrietta St,
Telephone: 020 7836 9136
Covent Garden transport links
One of the easiest ways to get to Covent Garden is by the underground tube train. Covent Garden
Underground station is on the Piccadilly Line.